This recipe comes courtesy of Irisvane, a healthy cook who loves Cacao Nibs.
Chocolate Banana Zucchini Muffins
- Makes 12 muffins
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 2 eggs OR 2 flax eggs (flax egg= 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1/4 cups coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 brown banana mashed
- 1 zucchini shredded and water squeezed out
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl combine almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix eggs or flax eggs, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla, and banana in a large bowl OR food processor with kneading attachment. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and then mix in the shredded zucchini.
- Fold in the cacao nibs.
- Pour into the muffin tins until about 1/2 inch remains at the top unfilled. Top with more cacao nibs if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before enjoying and they can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days!
Buy Peruvian Naturals Cacao Powder or Cacao Nibs on Amazon.